Overall I am very happy with the outcome of this project. It is a mastermind game which, aside from being text based, has all of the functionality of the actual mastermind game.
The most difficult part of the project was calculating the number of pegs that were the correct colour, but in the wrong place. However, after creating several codes which did not calculate the correct value for certain peg combinations, I finally managed to create some code that worked 100% of the time.
The other difficulty I faced was running the code under Linux. Despite the code being completely correct according to the lab assistant, the system function for clearing the screen would not work. Other than this the program ran as it was supposed to.
I have learnt a huge amount about class systems in the C++ language while doing this project. Before this project I had not created an entire class from scratch, I had only needed to alter pre existing classes given to us in lectures.